Re: (PM) Dial up Networking and Windows NT

Thomas C Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:57:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, James Sheppard wrote:

> I am having trouble dialing in to a Portmaster 25 and getting authenticated
> to use the NT Network domain. We have always had people logging on to use
> the Net, but I would like to be able to log on and use the Network.

You will need to use wins or lmhosts files. If the PM is authenticating
and you can surf then that part is working. You'll need to get the Domin
info to the remote computer which is not part of radius. The easiest way
would be a wins server I would think (how I did it). The only cevat is
that no two computers can have the same name or a name which is the same
as the domain name. (IE: your customers computer name would have to be
verified with you as not being in use by anyone else in addition to their
username)

Tom

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@lcp.livingston.com>
[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>