RE: (PM) Dial up Networking and Windows NT

Kevin Sawyer (sawyerk@apci.net)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 19:13:18 -0500

Logging in to the NT domain has nothing to do with RADIUS or your
PortMasters. If you're able to authenticate to the PortMaster and surf,
then the PortMaster and RADIUS is just fine.

There are two ways to solve your problem (maybe more):

1) Create an LMHOSTS file in your Windows directory which contains an
entry for your NT Primary Domain Controller. See LMHOSTS.SAM in your
Windows directory for examples.
2) Make sure WINS is running on your NT server and put the server's IP
address in the WINS configuration section of the TCP/IP properties on
your Win95 system.

Of course, this all assumes that your NT box is running TCP/IP and has
an interface which is reachable by the IP address which your PortMaster
assigns you.

Hope this helps...

--Kevin

---
Kevin Sawyer - President/CEO - sawyerk@apci.net
Applied Personal Computing, Inc. - APCiNet - http://www.apci.net
6001 Old Collinsville Road, Building #3, Fairview Heights, IL  62208
Office: (618) 632-7282  FAX: (618) 632-7287  Support: (618) 628-2Net