Re: Update was Re: (PM) L2TP

Blaz Zupan (blaz@gold.amis.net)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 10:42:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998, John Storms wrote:
> Yes, the plan is to release 3.8 onto the other PortMaster platform. Depending
> on resource constraints not all the features of the PM3 3.8 will be passed on
> to the other platforms, plus some features simply do not apply. We will not
> go to beta on the other platforms until 3.8 is FCS'd on the PM3. Its easier

This is most annoying. This really proves the accusations of some people
on this list who claimed that with the release of the PM3 all other
platforms are being put on the back-burner. From experience with 3.8 beta
releases I would predict we'll wait at least a month before the final
PM3 3.8 ComOS gets out. Then the beta for the PM2 starts and if we judge
from the experience with the PM3, the 3.8 ComOS for PM2/OR/IRX will be out
in, uhm, let's say, january 1999?

In what ways are features like OSPF over dialup different in a PM3 vs. a
PM2? The only obvious difference (to me) would be less RAM on the PM2.

> this way since operational bugs are out of the way and we just have to worry
> about making it all fit. It has not been determined exactly which features
> will be included and which will not.

I really hope OSPF over dialup will be.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia