Re: (PM) Receive level: less than -22.5dB

Kyle Platts (kwplat1@uswest.com)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:56:12 -0500

Joseph Urban wrote:

> Wondering if anyone could suggest how I might get the
>
> Receive level less than -22.5dB
>
> down?
>
> When I do a sh line0:
>
> -----
>
> sh line0
> ---------------------- line0 - T1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

> Receive Level: less than -22.5dB
>
> Alarms Violations
> ----------------------------- -----------------------------
> Blue 0 Bipolar 0
> Yellow 0 CRC Errors 0
> Receive Carrier Loss 0 Multiframe Sync 0
> Loss of Sync 0
>
> -----
>
> I've spoken with WorldCom about this and they see no problems at
> their CO. They've been out here and have seen nothing amiss either.
>
> I've gone so far as to replace the Livingston supplied cable with
> one that's shielded, catgeory five.
>
> Here are their settings ( I've set the switch type on the PM3 to
> dms-100...ComOS is 3.8b17 ):
>
> -----
>
> Switch type is a DMS 500.
>
> NT6X50AB, VoiceLaw=MU_LAW, ff=ESF, zlg=B8ZS
> 10 DispOpt_ berb=CRC, dlk=NILDL, iat=N, action=N
> 11 Disp_ rtsml=255, rtsol=255, berml=1.0E-6, berol=1.0E-3
> 12 Next frameml=17, frameol=511, slipml=4, slipol=255
> 13 lcgast=250, lcgacl=1000, rcgast=50, rcgacl=50
> 14 Detail_ aisst=150, aiscl=1000, es= 864, ses= 100
> 15
> 16
>
> -----
>
> Does anyone have any idea why I may be having such a receive loss?

Yeah, YOU ARE A LONG WAYS FROM THE LAST REPEATER!

Sounds like you are probably teatering on the edge of the signal limits.
What is the receive level at the demarcation point (smart jack)? Do you
have alot of inside wiring?

--
Kyle Platts
Network Engineer