Re: (PM) pmcommand -nostop not working?

D. Scott Gardner (sgardner@livingston.com)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:36:24 -0700

At 04:53 PM 7/15/98 +0200, Bert Driehuis wrote:
>The usage summary for pm_command (from pm_3.5.3_BSDOS_2.0.tar.Z) shows a
>-nostop option, which I couldn't find any reference for in the docs of
>pm_command. Apparently it doesn't cause the PM3 to suppress the "Press Return
>for more" prompt, like I'd expect from the name of the -nostop option. What's
>worse, when that prompt appears, pm_command terminates the command, so even
>sticking a bunch of <CR>'s in the input file doesn't help.
>
>Just out of curiosity, what is -nostop supposed to do?

If you set the -nostop flag, then commands that fail do not stop the
execution of pmcommand. So if you have a big file of commands that you're
sending down to the box and perhaps you are trying to set up ospf without
the ospf bundle turned on, then those commands would fail and stop
pmcommand from sending the rest of your commands unless the -nostop flag
was used.

>Does anyone know of ways (not involving emulating keystrokes via telnet) to
>dump the location table of a PM-3? I've considered grovelling through the
>results of a file created by pm_readconf (of course the file format is
>undocumented, but that looks to be just a minor hurdle).

PMVision allows you to backup portions of your pm-3 such as locations,
filters, ports, etc. This features works with both ComOS3.8 and 3.7.

PMBackup in the latest PMTools (4.0b2) doesn't allow you to specify
portions of your PM to backup. If you'd like to see this feature, let
me know and I'll integrate it into either the 4.0 or 4.1 release.

D. Scott Gardner sgardner@livingston.com
925.737.2217

Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit
4464 Willow Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588-8519