Re: (PM) Am I the only one?

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:32:11 -0700 (PDT)

On 14 Jul 1998, Patrick Kormann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We're running 3.8b13. On our most loaded machines (I guess that's the
> point, but I'm not sure) it happens quite often that
> a) SNMP doesn't work anymore (0 Users shown, even if there are users)
> b) the device doesn't answer calls anymore
> c) the device does answer calls, but doesn't negotiate ppp connections
> (drops the calls).
>
> a reboot then fixes this problem.
>
> Has anybody else seen this problem?

If you are going to run a Beta release and are experiencing bugs with it,
PLEASE run the latest release 3.9b17 even if only for a day or so and see
if the same thing occurs. If it much more difficult to track bugs in an
older release.

Regardless, I would go back to 3.7.2c3, a more official release, and see
what happens--since those sound like major issues you are experiencing.

What type of switch are you on? What do you mean by "doesn't answer
calls" (e.g. dead air? constant ringing? etc). When PPP fails to
negotiate what does a "set debug 0x51" (run it through the PPP Decoder
under Debug Tools on our web site) look like?

Thanks,

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>