Re: (PM) OR-U and ATT 5ESS switch type

Thomas C Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:05:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Brian Elfert wrote:

> For some reason, the state of MN has all of it's ISDN lines provisioned as
> AT&T 5ESS point to point instead of NI-1.
> Can the OR-U handle this? There is only one SPID in this mode. Do I use
> the same SPID for both B channels?
> I'm trying to get a OR-U working, but the errors it spits out indicate the
> SPID is not correct, but it's exactly as the US West tech wrote it down.

A couple of things come to mind. IF the SPID is the same for both
channels make sure you actually have a 5-ESS and not a 5-ESS-PTP. I've
used an OR-U on both and an OR-U-AP on a streight 5-ESS before with no
problems. With a 5-ESS-PTP I've had to actually remove the SPID to get it
to work on one switch to connect correctly also. Also some Telcos put
periods in the SPIDS and DNs when they give them to you on paper to make
reading them easier but you need to leave them out when actually entering
them.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@lcp.livingston.com>
[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>