Re: (PM) L2TP

Andy Mell (amell@cup.cam.ac.uk)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:55:14 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Tom wrote:
>
> > > What about the new HELP interface?
> >
> > Big deal. It is already in the manual.
>
> Huge deal. Do you know how bad it looks for product to be sold with a
> BROKEN feature? Dont tell me you never typed help ??? to remind yourself
> of the syntax. I got customer complaints on it. They have to either FIND a
> manual or fire up netscape.

I have just been looking round the web at spec sheets for other small
office access routers (ascend,cisco,bay) and I am sorry to say that the
livingston OR is beginning to look like an expensive pile of poo with no
future.

I like livingston products for their reliability but they are obviously so
far behind in this respect that I will not be buying any more ORs until we
see more commitment from Livingston.

Andy