Re: (PM) syslog

John Nowack (john@tremont.dpc.net)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 15:58:24 -0500

>On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, John W Baxter wrote:
>| [Although pulling the phone line out of the modem is still a form of
>| "User Request".]
>
>Really? I'd have thought it would generate a Lost-Carrier message, since
>this basically makes the connection disappear. I've always operated under
It does log a User Request when you yank the cord or turn off the modem. I
tried this a while back when we first got PM3's and I heard tell of
customers getting dropped with a disconnect reason of User Request.

Granted, I haven't tried it with any 3.8bxx versions, but since almost all
disconnects here show User Request, I assume it still does it.

Not that I would trade my PM3's for all the TC's or Maxen in the world. I
was been using PM2's since before they had Disconnect-Reason and lived
through it. I just consider the Disconnect-Reason field to be not 100%
reliable if it shows User Request and the customer is complaining about
being dropped.

John

--
John Nowack