RE: (PM) Disabling simultaneous logins.

Stavros N. Bairactaris (Administrator@smartnet.gr)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:41:17 +0200

Thank you for your advice,

They now have static IP = offender.smartnet.gr !
Would be nice though to have something like max-sessions in radius....

Regards,
Stavros N. Bairactaris
Administrator@smartnet.gr

-----Original Message-----
From: John W Baxter (TCI) [mailto:tcijb@olympus.net]
Sent: Πέμπτη, 9 Ιουλίου 1998 1:39 πμ
To: Stavros N. Bairactaris; Portmaster-Users
Subject: Re: (PM) Disabling simultaneous logins.

At 20:43 +0200 7/8/98, Stavros N. Bairactaris wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm not really sure that my question is not a radius topic so please
forgive
>me if I'm off topic.
>
>We have PM20's (COMOS 3.7.2) and radius (NT) 2B12.
>We never had this problem before but now two users are attempting dual
>logins.
>Since we offer this only to companies, we need to forbid it to all others.
>Modem racks are Microcom 4000 and we don't (at this time) support ISDN.
>Please advise how to do this, as in documentation I could only find
>references
>to ISDN connections (not plain PSDN as our case is).
>
>Thank you in advance,

Since it is only two users, and you know who it is, give each of them a
(different) static IP address for a while. As soon as the second
connection on the address appears, both connections will be non-functional.
They'll get the idea rather fast (particularly since you will have told
them that multiple logins will soon stop working)...you'll want to alert
your support troops.

--John

John Baxter
General OlympusNet messages to: tcijb@olympus.net