Re: (PM) Feature Request (was SECURITY PROBLEM.)

Rick Smith (rsmith@nac.net)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 00:05:06 -0400 (EDT)

>From what I gather, nothing will be done about the telnet bug ? I can't
believe people at lucent don't think it's important. For a company that's
so security minded, too.

It's too bad this little "feature" will pop up on rootshell.com someday,
since they LOVE finding backdoors into ISP's anyway they can get them.

You can say to your employees, "reset console before you quit!" till
you're blue in the face, but there are times it just doesn't happen. what
about WHILE THEY'RE DEBUGGING ? It's vulnerable then.

sure... "run comos3.8 or greater and use the Java app" is the response
from livingston, so they don't have to add 2 lines of code that will
"bloat" the server, but what about when ComOS releases SUCK so bad we
refuse to use them at all ?

Just have to vent. Livingston/Lucent starts to aggravate me more and more
everyday with stupid little shit like this.