debug info doesn't shut off (was Re: (PM) SECURITY PROBLEM.)

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:16:46 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Kendrick Myatt wrote:

> AFAIK, this has always existed. When I first started using
> Portmasters years ago I was told by my Jedi master to always set
> debug off and reset console before logging off. I've been doing that
> ever since, but I suppose it would be better NOT to have to remember
> that.

8) That is the necessary proper procedure grasshopper, however when the
lightning strikes and your telnet session goes down, does the debug
information still flow? What is the sound of one hand clapping? Can
there exist good without evil?

> I have always wanted a recall-last-command functionality as well, but
> that was explained by LE as unnecessarily bloating the code. Don't
> remember why the automatic console reset was not done, or if it was
> ever explained. My $0.02...

!!

Oh, you mean a command line history...

the '!!' will pull up the last command done...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood