Re: (PM) Modem not answerin

Thomas C Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> Clear to receive? Oh boy...lets use the officiall CCITT terms, Clear to
> Send, so we dont confuse people more, okay?

Yep, Your right. I'm still trying to get my internal clock shifted over
to his time zone (Finally not getting up at 3am :) ).

> Doh, again, its MNP 5 (microcom networking protocol - we actually beta
> tested the first MNP 5 modems about 12 years ago). Both MNP 5 and v.42 bis

Yep, I don't what it is but that and SMTP/SNMP get me switching
characters also. I don't know how many times I've said SMTP when I ment
to say SNMP.

Tom

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@lcp.livingston.com>
[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>