Re: (PM) Modem not answerin

Paul S. Carlson (pcarlson@saba.kuentos.guam.net)
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 08:21:16 +1000 (GST)

> On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't 57600 or 115200 be a better port rate? You may get overruns if
> > you set it to 38400...
>
> If flow control is enabled, then you shouldnt get overruns, but yes, if
> the modems can talk 115200, you should set the ports to 115200.

I wouldn't be so quick about it. Many modems claiming to be 115200
capable just can't deal with it very well. I usually set my port speeds
based on what the sustained transfer rate might be and stay away from
cheaper modems.

A 33.6 modem won't be able to transfer any faster then 57600. (for that
matter it's unlikly that a 56k modem would get any faster).

Paul - Kuentos