(PM) Telnet

R Gibbons (rkg@empirenet.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

Speaking of telnet... last week we replaced a frame relay circuit into
an IRX-111 with a ptp T1. A customer of ours normally telnets to a remote
unix machine to run an application. This worked fine with the frame
circuit, but the application freezes up over the ptp. I can telnet to
this remote machine and run the app just fine if I do it external to our
network. I've configured the IRX S1 interface for PPP and it appears to
be working ok. This one has me stumped. Is there something
fundamentally different between frame and ptp which could be affecting
this telnet

Rich Gibbons
EmpireNet Inc.