RE: (PM) PM3 / DNS server automaticaly Assigned

info@sltic.com
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 17:14:09 -0500

At 12:40 AM 7/2/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>DUN Windows 95 clients will accept primary and secondary dns server
>addresses
>as they are known to the router under the condition that users have left
>"server properties"
>applet with the choice "server assigned dns address".

Works either way, server assigned or specified, windows95 will accept
DNS from PM3.

>1. RAS and NIC must have different tcp/ip properties (disable dns on dial-up
>adapter).

This is a problem with Win95. If you have *any* DNS specified with *any*
TCP/IP properties, this will override the Dial-Up properties and DNS set
in the PM3.

I've just tried all these combinations since I've set up new DNS servers
here. Only users with DNS specified in TCP/IP properties wouldn't receive
correct DNS IPs on connect.

Bruce
info@sltic.com