Re: (PM) We downgraded away from ComOS 3.8b17

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 07:30:09 -0700

I haven't seen a bug exactly like this one, but I'd be willing to bet that
it has something to do with the @! bug that is being worked on.

At 09:55 PM 6/30/98 -0400, Rick Smith wrote:
>We've found a problem that we can't live with, and can
>reproduce it. A user logs into a b17 pm3 and cannot
>negotiate a connection. This is with Win95, k56 modem,
>and ComOS3.8b17, 2 PRI's.
>
>The problem: The user can login to a pm3 in another city,
>running ComOS 3.8-v90b14/9805131434 (actually b16 straight
>from livingston at one point), and everything works fine.
>When he hits a b17 pm3, random junk characters like ^P^}^J^H
>get inserted throughout his username in the PAP REQ, so radius
>denies him access at that pm3. Again, he can hang up, change
>the phone number to the ComOS 3.8-v90b14/9805131434 pm3, and
>dial in and negotiate a connection fine.
>
>Is this a known bug ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Rick
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

---
jstorms@lucent.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.