Re: (PM) Best modem for ISP?

Jim Lohiser (jdl@modex.com)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:18:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Scott Rothgaber wrote:

> On 29 Jun 98, at 7:47, Ben Sabini wrote:
>
> > What do you all think the best modem to used in term of:
> >
> > - Easy to configured and reliable
> > - Compatible with other brand
> > - Excellent data transfer even
>
> IMHO, there is no substitute for the Zoom Dual Standard. The external
> is a real champ, and the internal lets you pin out the IRQ anywhere
> from 3 to 15!

There was a lot of talk awhile back about trouble with the firmware for
the Zoom modems. A lot of people were experiencing this on the free
Zooms that Livingston was giving out with the PM3's.

I haven't heard anything about this in a long time. Has this problem been
fixed?

Jim Lohiser
Technical Administrator
Modern Explorations