Re: (PM) IRX-114 and T1 Problem

Jack Cole (jacole@pcinetwork.com)
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:55:08 -0500

>On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Jack Cole wrote:
>
>> Hi I have an IRX-114 that I upgraded from a 111. I used the 111 with a
56K
>> DDS. I am now trying to set this up to work with a FT1 256k frame relay.
>> am using the V.35 cable that I used with the Adtran 56k CSU/DSU with my
>> Adtran TSU. The port establishes the connection fine, but I cannot ping
>> anything on the other side. I know that v.35 cable works with 56k at
least.
>> Do you need a different kind of v.35 cable with a TSU or are they all the
>> same?
>
>Hrm, if the connection gets made, I doubt the pinging is a cable issue.
>AFAIK the cable is the same. Ive sold 111's to people with the smae cable
>and they used adtran csu/dsu's tsu's, etc... and never heard a complaint.
>So the ONLY difference is the TSU now?
>
>> The TSU is set to external clocking.
>
>That is correct.
>
>> I will post some of my configuration soon in a different message.
>
>Did you cange ANY config in the 111, does the original t1 circuit still
>work?

The unit was used on the same frame relay circuit, but the IP address of the
port is different and I have a different range of IPs. I am using another
111 on the old 56K circuit. The configurations are very similar. I can do
a show arp frm1 and it shows the following:

207.206.180.17 at 04:01

Does this mean that it sees the router on the other side? I entered the
dlci manually. I will post the configuration as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Jack Cole