(PM) Re: your mail

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Jun 1998, <?> wrote:

> Is anyone having problems with ComOS 3.8x and Cable company switches
> keeling over because the ComOS 3.8 sends many more Remtote Alarms when
> trying to get to Layer 2 that ComOS 3.7 ever did. E.G. Unplug PRI from
> PM3 dual pri box. Plug into other PRI socket and Cable company switch
> falls over. Download to ComOS 3.7.2c3 and all is OK. Please email me

I'm not sure I fully understand the scenario. You are pulling the PRI out
of line0 and putting it into line1 and the telco switch has a problem with
this? Many times when a PRI/T1 goes out of service (in the US) the an
alarm on the switch reacts and places the line into a half-down state
where you need to call the telco to bring the line back up. Is that what
you are describing or are you saying the switch is actually crashing (!)?

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>