Re: (PM) PPP problem with PM3

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

On 26 Jun 1998, Jason Xu wrote:

> We are switching from PM2 to PM3s. One customer running Linux 1.2.9 with
> pppd 2.1.2 can't connect to PM3. When he connects to pm2, it always fine.
>
> PM2 Com OS 3.5
> PM3 Com OS 3.8b15
>
> Customer Linux 1.2.9, using diald with pppd 2.1.2. The chat session goes
> through login and passwd phase OK and starting pppd, but fails to establish
> the link. Anyone has any similar experience? Most of our dialup customers
> are win95 and the PM3 is OK with win95, NT, Mac.

The best place to start is a "set debug 0x51". Run it through the PP
decoder under Debug Tools on our web site. Work from there.

Also, beware that 3.8b15 has a number of issues and is a *beta* release.
If this is a production box, I would recommend running 3.7.2c3.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>