Re: (PM) 3.8b17 {My Comments}

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:26:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, John Lange wrote:

> HI
>
> My comments...
> We have not tried b17 yet, thanks for being the guinea pigs.
>
> We are currently running b14 and are still having v.34 problems, (2c3
> yeally sucked here) primarily with MWave and Lucent modems. One Megahurts
> customer cannot connect.
>
> Many many customers report trying 10 to 35 times before a successful
> connection. Even with a new USR Sport v.90, which had been working well
> for many customers.
>
> This sucks. We just converted 107 lines from analog to digital, and are
> loosing customers by the handful. The Lucent tech I was working with went
> on vacation, and I am high & dry.
>
> ???Question, could this be because of telco provisioning??? CT1 AMI D4

Ack!!! That is line-side T1, no chance of PCM connections ever working
with that setup. These are not digital lines in reality, they are regular
POTS lines shoved into a D4 channel bank at the CO and ride a T1 to you.

I've never seen a report of Line-side working well with a PM3 no matter
what version of ComOS is run.