Re: (PM) 3.8b17 conclusions

Tim Flavin (tim@i1.net)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:13:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Blaz Zupan wrote:

> Here is my "report" on 3.8b17 after 2 days of testing:
>
> We are now back at 3.8b13 which was really stable for us. To everybody
> that is still thinking about going to 3.8b17: don't do it. Point 2) above
> is really a show-stopper.
>
> This is all on a PM3 connected to a Siemens EWSD switch (EuroISDN).

Your comments sure seem to strengthen the fact that 99% of the people I've
seen having problems with 3.8b17 are all using EuroISDN. I've only seen
a single report of someone in the US having any sort of problems.

Granted the ISP's in Europe need working code just as much as those of us
in the US, but after 30 hours of use at one of my POP's with CT1's on 3
PM3's with several thousand logins, we received zero complaints that could
be pointing at b17. I will most likely apply this code to my remaining 6
POP's this weekend.

I am starting to think it is a safe code release for the US, but not for
Europe.

Lack of the IP in the stop records is a pain, but a livable one I can get
around, just so long as it is fixed before release.