Re: (PM) PM2 with BRI cards

Paulo Fraser (pfraser@pro.net)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:53:54 -0700

At 05:18 PM 6/25/98 -0400, Todd Romero wrote:

>actually I tried 3.7.2 first, then 3.7 and still had probs. I went back to
>3.5 and everything was fine. hmmmm.. I know our bri cards are like 2 years
>old, maybe related?

I have the same setup and also had issues with 3.7.2 so went back to 3.5
which works great. When I upgraded to 3.7.2 a lot of the help menus were
blank and the LEDs on the back for any BRI ports that weren't being used
would blink, which was really annoying. This never happened in previous
versions of ComOS. When I checked the mailing list archives I found others
had experienced the same things but more seriously many people reported
their ISDN lines intermittenly going out of service for no apparent reason.
The loss of help menus and non stop blinking LEDs were annoying but
possibly losing service on ISDN lines for unexplained reason was too much
to chance so I went back to 3.5 right away and haven't had any problems since.