Re: (PM) COMOS 3.8b17 observations

Florian Lohoff (flo@mini.gt.owl.de)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:11:50 +0200

On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 08:59:48PM +0200, Christian Schmit wrote:
> - Some people which connected without problems before
> (including me) can no longer connect because they receive
> the following error while connecting:
> (The modem negotiation seems not to be the problem)
>
> Under NT4: Remote PPP peer is not responding...
> Under Win95: Could not negotiate a compatible set of protocols....
>
> The modems used here were USR Sportster 28.8VI and ELSA Microlink
> 28.8TQV.
> Sometimes they connect but mostly not. What can be wrong here?
>
> - I also tested V.90 with an USR Courier modem (german model) where
> I got 45k to 46k connects. There were a lot of renegotiations
> in these connections so they were slowed down.

I discovered the same. MicroLink 28.8TGV and also the 56KFlex Microlink
both wont work/connect as expected. They seem to get a connect but no data through
it As the Microlink is one of the most used modems here i downgraded today to 3.8b13
again (no b15 as -> reboot-problem)

I think we have a new bug/interoperability problem in the Modem Code ...

Switch Setting:
---------------------- line0 - E1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

1 Modem Card, 1 E1

Flo