(PM) 3.8b17 = can't negotiate compatible set of protocols

Dax Kelson (dkelson@inconnect.com)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:09:57 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Christian Schmit wrote:

> - Some people which connected without problems before
> (including me) can no longer connect because they receive
> the following error while connecting:
> (The modem negotiation seems not to be the problem)
>
> Under NT4: Remote PPP peer is not responding...
> Under Win95: Could not negotiate a compatible set of protocols....
>
> The modems used here were USR Sportster 28.8VI and ELSA Microlink
> 28.8TQV.
> Sometimes they connect but mostly not. What can be wrong here?

Yes, we upgraded our pool to b17, and we have gotten a surge this morning
of tech support calls with the "can't negotiate..." error message.

These people had zero problems with b15.

So far, everyone with the problem has had the Win95 DUN Update installed.

Can everyone with b17 check with their tech support guys and see if they
can confirm they are seeing this?

Hopefully we can track the source.

We are getting slammed with calls, we are are going back to b15.

Dax Kelson
Internet Connect, Inc.