Re: (PM) OFF TOPIC - APC

Mia's Virtual Post Office (list@mia.net)
Mon, 22 Jun 98 21:05:33 -0000

Don Lashier said on 6/22/98 11:41 PM

>On 6/22/98, at 6:57 PM, Scott Rothgaber wrote:
>>During a recent call to APC TS, it came out that I have a "dumb"
>>power strip plugged into my SU1400RM (I have more than 6 things to
>>plug into it, mostly low-draw stuff and socket-consuming power
>>bricks). The tech said that even though the load is at 20%, this
>>voids the APC $25,000 protection policy as only items actually
>>plugged into the unit are covered.
>>
>>Am I the only numbskull that's doing this? Are you supposed to have a
>>small fleet of 250's or what? I'm just wondering what the rest of you
>>law-abiding citizens are doing.
>
>keeping our mouths shut :)

Duh... Yea, like I am going to tell them about it... They RMA'd an old
600 APC personal unit, you know the kind for ONE puter only. I had 12
units plugged into it. It held up for a good 5minutes even with that
load, which is enough for the occasional 30second outage. But anyway, 12
puters on this little personal unit fried it, and they gave me a new one.
Silence is the key!

Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!