Re: (PM) Please assist...

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 oconnors@wmol.com wrote:

> Greets,
> We added a new CT1 to our existing PM3 today and we seem to be having
> some difficulties. This PM3 has 6 8 port cards, line0 is PRI and line1
> is just a channelized T1. Here's the deal...
>
> pm3> sho line1
> ---------------------- line1 - T1 Primary Rate ISDN ---------------

> Receive Level: +2dB to -7.5dB
>
> Alarms Violations
> ----------------------------- -----------------------------
> Blue 0 Bipolar 0
> Yellow 0 CRC Errors 0
> Receive Carrier Loss 0 Multiframe Sync 0
> Loss of Sync 0
>
> There's SHO LINE1. Seems ok, yes? I see it say Primary Rate ISDN on top
> there need I set that to something else?

set line1 inband
set line1 sig wink (if that's how you ordered it)

You may also have to change framing and encoding if they are D4/AMI and
not ESF/B8ZS.

save all

If I recall you'll need to reboot to have this take effect.

> However SHO SES has all the new modems as NO-SERVICE and ports M40
> through M49 have a status of DOWN when I do SHO MOD.

Possibly a hardware trouble on that modem card. Try a power-cycle, and
if it's the same then swap the DOWN card with a different one and see if
the trouble follows the card. If none of that fixes it, call Livingscent
because you've probably got a hardware problem.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net 805-884-6323 --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.