Re: (PM) Hardware failures for PM3??

Russ Taylor (rtaylor@cmc.net)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 00:56:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Chris Trown wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to fend off my boss. I would appreciate responses on this.
> >
> > How many of you have had a PM3 actually FAIL such that it had to be
> > returned for repair? Did Lucent drop ship a replacement unit?
> >

> Out of the perhaps 60 or so Ive seen go thru here, NONE have ben reported
> to me as a failed unit.

We've had one fail to work (it acted like a 1 T unit, I think something
was dead on the board) out of 6 units. Livingston got us a replacement
very quickly, and we've never had one fail in the field.

Russ Taylor (rtaylor@cmc.net, http://www.cmc.net/~rtaylor)
Chambers Multimedia Connection Help Desk
"Hoody hoo! How many hedge-ogres did I get?" -- Knights of the Dinner Table