Re: (PM) Hardware failures for PM3??

Jean-Francois Laplante (jeff@bbsi.net)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:19:08 -0400

At 17:44 98-06-19 -0700, Chris Trown wrote:

> I'm trying to fend off my boss. I would appreciate responses on this.
>
> How many of you have had a PM3 actually FAIL such that it had to be
>returned for repair? Did Lucent drop ship a replacement unit?
>
> Any interesting stories you would be willing to relate?
>
> In the 4 years+ that I have had PM2s(six of them), I have had only one=
=20
>failure. To me, that's a good record.
>
> I'd rather spent support contract money on PRIs and I need a defense=
>keep money from being wasted. There's a little bit of politics going on
here,
>that's why I'm asking about PM3s when I have PM2s.

I had a few PM2s and now 3 PM3s. The first PM3 I got in the begining of
last year was from a bad serie and was quickly replaced by Livingston. I
bought 2 other since and all 3 are running since they were purchased
without any harware problem. As far as the software go, It took a while
last year to have stable CT1 but besides that it's perfect. You can see
from the list that it's v.90 time for us. Until now, the v.90 delay is
anoying but it's not affecting my business.

Good luck with your boss.

JF.

INTERNET - BBSI Inc. + 141 Regnault
Jean-Francois Laplante + Sept-Iles (Qu=E9bec)
jeff@bbsi.net + G4R 4M4

http://www.bbsi.net + 418-968-4433 voix/voice
+ 418-968-5634 fax=20
Internet Service Provider + Fournisseur de Service Internet