Re: (PM) set pool 0??

Jeff Halper (jefflist@ihot.com)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Jay - I didn't know this.

I saw another person post about how to tell if STAC is on and working -

I have stac cards, but am "clueless" if they really are on or working.

I don't see the word 'stac" when I do a sh s0

If you know how to verify/troubleshoot the Stac compression card, I'd be
happy to hear how.

-Jeff

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Jay Hennigan wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Jeff Halper wrote:
>
> > I had this exact same problem!!
> > It was a bad line from Pac Bell - they switched it and all is well.
> >
> > Here's a trick I did to prove it to them.
> >
> > sh line0 - mine was good
> > sh line1 - mine was crappy, like your line0
> >
> > So - I switched the 2 lines, making 1 become 0
>
> You need to be a bit careful with this, although it is indeed a good means
> of troubleshooting. However, the PM3 appears to derive its clocking for
> the whole box from line0. So, if line1 is good but line0 is not, you may
> see bad to horrible performance on line1 as well..
>
> Likewise, if you only have one active line, make it line0.
>
> -- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net 805-884-6323 --
> WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.

Jeff Halper
Internet Hotline
408/881-1000 fax 408-293-3456
http://www.ihot.com