Re: (PM) CT-1 Down,,,

Chris Parker (cparker@starnetusa.net)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:44:31 -0500

At 09:17 PM 6/18/98 +0000, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:
>Sorry wrong subject before. The com OS is 3.8b15
>
>mia.net> sh line0
>---------------------- line0 - T1 Inband DS0 ---------------

> * Loopback *

You're in loopback. Initiated by the telco.

> Signaling: Trunk E&M wink start
>
> Receive Level: -7.5dB to -15dB

This looks pretty low. You want this as near to 0dB as you can get, from
my experience.

> Alarms Violations
> ----------------------------- -----------------------------
> Blue 7 Bipolar 704382
> *Yellow 3 CRC Errors 2

Yellow alarms are a Bad Thing [TM]. You should definitely let the telco
know that you are seeing a Yellow Alarm. The asterisk means that its
currently happening.

> Receive Carrier Loss 1 Multiframe Sync 211618
> Loss of Sync 5
>
>Help! We have been down for over 4 hrs and the phone company as usually
>says its the PM3's fault.. I dont think so.
>
>This is where we are at right now. (see above) They claim that they do
>not get a signal from the CSU. Nothing has changed here. Any ideas

Looks like the receive level is really low. Reboot the portmaster, if
just to zero out the counters, and see what is incrementing. If you are
really getting a receive level that low, something is not right. Of
course, do the "idiot" checking and make sure the cables are all seated
properly. ( been there... )

-Chris

--
   \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker: Systems Administration and Development
   \ ~   ~ /   \   cparker@starnetusa.net   \   cparker@megapop.net
   | @   @ |    \    www.starnetusa.net      \    www.megapop.net
                  \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'