Re: (PM) Compaq modems cannot get conected to PM3 in Mexico

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:33:40 -0400

At 07:44 PM 6/11/98 -0600, you wrote:
>We are using ComOs 3.7.2r2 with r2 signaling for Mexico and we found
>that modems from Compaq (i.e Armada 56 Kbps) and, in general, all
>Compaq's 56 Kbps cannot get connected to the PM3 at 56 kbps We had to
>change the S38 register in order to let the modems to negotiate the
>speed rate up to 33.6 kbps. What is really curious is the fact that all
>those modems have a Lucent's DSP inside and PM3 are using Lucent's DSPs
>also.
>
>I hope ( And God help us if not) Lucent is working hard about all this
>problems..

I think the problem is more than likely on the client side. I highly
recommend that they download the latest drivers from Compaq. This has fixed
all of our customer's Compaq machines.

-Robert