Re: (PM) Stable v.90

Scott Drassinower (scottd@cloud9.net)
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Larry Vaden wrote:

> Finally, a realist who understands that the cumulative costs to 2,000 ISPs
> could be in the same range as "millions of dollars" a day.

I don't really think that there are 2000 ISPs who are using PM3s and who
are losing "millions of dollars" a day cumulatively. If 2000 ISPs lost
about a dozen $15/month accounts a day, you're only about a third of the
way to a million. If they are losing accounts like this, the problem
isn't with Lucent's development.

How many people have cancelled accounts with you because you didn't have
V.90 support or they were unable to use your V.90 connection? Are you
really hemorrhaging so much cash because of V.90 troubles? If you (or
other people) are, is Lucent to blame, or could it be due to not following
directions and betting everything on beta code, or perhaps telling your
customers about the virtues of V.90 without telling them about its
problems?

--
 Scott M. Drassinower					    scottd@cloud9.net
 Cloud 9 Consulting, Inc.			       	     White Plains, NY