Re: (PM) E-petition --- yes or no

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:49:13 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Larry Vaden wrote:

> [...]

more efficient for whom? 8)

> And, (s)he might as well address DSLAM cards for the PM3 or PM4, since I
> haven't received a response to my private email regarding same and there is
> a TX ISP Assoc (TISPA) meeting this Thursday in Dallas.

Call em? And make sure you have a specific sales rep at Lucent RABU to
talk to.

> So, please vote YES or NO on whether you'd like a Lucent/Livingston
> executive to issue a status report on a weekly or monthly basis in this
> forum or on livingston-announce.

My vote is 'NO.' When something is ready for announcement it'll come out.
Otherwise what kind of status report will we get?

'SLIP reimplemented, but not available in ComOS 3.8.x open beta'
'NFAS team working on code, first revision done, 30 more to go'
'USR v.34 work around implemented, not ready to test in field'

?? what kind of updates do you want? Realizing that timelines
traditionally will not be given.

Hey I understand the frustration, yet proactively dealing with your
customers so they realize you are working in their best interests is much
better than trying to compete with the "Jones'" And if you do have to
compete by staying bleeding edge then the truth is that Lucent RABU isn't
the company to buy from. However, reliability and useability is something
they stand for and do well.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood