Re: (PM) piece of junk

Al Hopper (al@logical-approach.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:20:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> <Cisco supporter>
>
> Agreed, they actually have about 20 different models in just the 2500 line.
> With Cisco you do pay partially for the price (whats new with that in this
> world?) but you pay for usefulness. I have long trashed using Livingston's
> as routers when they screw up and have HUGE frame-relay bugs that take
> months to fix which causes an entire POP to fail - not good.
>
> Cisco configuration is simpiler than one would think, it has a simple setup
> feature which lets you get it going with just a few questions.
>
> Once you learn the commands, you can configure an entire router in less than
> 10-15 minutes. You can configure them to do anything you would like.
> Livingston is just now barely catching up on some really useful features
> that Cisco has had all along (like subinterfaces and multiple ip addresses
> on Ethernet.

With hi-tech gear (like computers, routers etc.) its important to go
with the flow. Cisco has (arguably) 80% of the routers on the Internet.
Now I'm not saying that they have perfect software or perfect hardware,
or that Ciscos are not over-priced, but just try to pry that Cisco
router out of a owners' hands and see how far you get. Offer to trade
them a Bay or a Livingston at a *big* discount and see if you can pry it
out of their hands! You won't.

Likewise I can make the same argument for Livingston PM-3 owners... You
see my point? :)

Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. al@logical-approach.com
(972)-379-2133 or (972)-849-5765. Fax 972-379-2134
Humbled by BGP version 4.