Re: (PM) ISDN Problems...

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:07:40 -0400

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 03:25:38PM -0400, scheb w/pm3's wrote:
> unfortunately, ISDN users don't
> connect. now my provider has a dms-100 switch and that i have setup in the
> pm3. when i have a user call w/isdn, i can see him "connecting" on my "sho
> ses" screen, but he does not authenticate.

>From experience (YMMV):
Do you show incoming d-channel traffic for him? (set debug isdn-d).
If yes, have the customer try the following tricks:
1 Have the customer place a data-over-voice (DOSBS) call.
2 Do full 10 digit dialing (area code)
3 Attempt a call through MCI (10333+1+areacode+ph#) - note this is an
expensive LD call and should be used for diagnositcs only.

1 should almost always work, but not all equipment supports it.
2 or 3 _may_ work depending on how broken things are.

The probable issue is that the telco has their data-rate (64K)
routing fscked. By placing a 10 digit call or through MCI you
are attempting to force different routing.

Basically, you need to call your telco's ISDN provisioning center
and have them verify the routing. Note that if your PRI is provided
by a CLEC it is much more likely (at least in Ameritech land) to be
routed incorrectly than if its the same telco as the customer.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."