Re: (PM) PM 2er question...

Mia's Virtual Post Office (list@mia.net)
Sun, 14 Jun 98 13:28:04 -0000

Jon Lewis said on 6/14/98 5:52 PM

>On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Thomas Kinnen wrote:
>
>> > Hello, we are using our old PM2er as a router for our PM3's, and I would
>> > like to gain access to the IP range that is specified in the PM2er. I
>> > assume I cannot use the IP addresses that are reserved in the PM2's pool.
>> > So I changed the assigned address to 0.0.0.0, but I still cannot seem to
>> > use the 30 IPs that where specified in the PM2. Do I have to reboot the
>> > box for the changes to take affect?
>>
>> Is the IP pool from a subnet that is routed to that box? Also some
>> routers (Wellfleet in pictular) need to be rebooted to clear the arp
>> cache. Did you set pool 0 on the pm2?
>
>I've also seen Cisco's hold on to OSPF routes long after the route is no
>longer being exported and the router that did export it no longer exists.

It definatly must be latency, because it works now, and I have not done
anything since last night.

thanx guys..
jer

Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!