Re: (PM) ISDN Problems...

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:18:03 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, scheb w/pm3's wrote:

> Ok, for all you that use ISDN PRI's out there. this is a question for you.
> my provider gives me two isdn pri trunks(?) that provide me with 46
> channels apiece. now i have both ISDN and Analog going into this
> portmaster3 and the analog works great. unfortunately, ISDN users don't
> connect. now my provider has a dms-100 switch and that i have setup in the
> pm3. when i have a user call w/isdn, i can see him "connecting" on my "sho
> ses" screen, but he does not authenticate. what is the problem here?
> also, in the usa. does the B-channel protocol matter? that is the problem
> that i had when i was in europe. if my isdn modem was set for x.75 and i
> was dialing into a HDLC configuration, it would connect but not go
> anywhere. so, any answers (i haven't slept because of this problem...)

1) did you check the archives?
2) what ComOS?
3) Did you verify with a switching technician that the DMS-100 is set to
allow VOICE/DATA and not just VOICE?
4) what client equipment/OS/etc?
5) when you say you see the 'connecting' you mean you see a username but
the status sticks on connecting? Does it get through USERNAME status?

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood