Re: (PM) Why use ISDN PRI over Channelized T1?

Joe Hartley (jh@metheny.brainiac.com)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 10:10:34 -0400 (EDT)

"webmaster@triplet.net" <jemstone@triplet.net> wrote:
> It appears that with Channelized T1 we get 24 lines for about the same
> price, why would we want to go with PRI which only gives us 23 lines? We
> have zero ISDN users so the cut back to 56K is not important to us.

We went PRI because CT1 was considerably _more_ expensive for us. The ISDN
is a bonus, but a small one - we only have 2 ISDN dialups at present.
(Bell Atlantic's fees for data calls are prohibitive, and most customers
end up not passing the loop qualification stage, despite BA's marketing
hype that says "all of RI is ISDN-ready!" Yeah, but only if you pay a
$5000 [yes, five thousand] installation fee for a repeater.)

It would have been nice if BA had been able to provide Centrex on the
PRI, but they said they wouldn't do that.

> Also, if we go with Channelized T1 can we get 48 lines into a PM3-2T or
> only 46 like the web pages say?

You should get the full 48.