Re: (PM) PRI Tricks

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:55:03 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Scott Rothgaber wrote:
>
> > I ran this by Melissa at support and then Jake, but both were
> > stumped, so I'm grasping at straws here...
>
> I wasn't stumped per se. Just uninterested in your drivel... just
> kidding...lets re-examine...
>
> > I just ordered a second PRI from a second city which will go into
> > line1. Is there any way at all to assign a block of addresses to
> > line0 and a different block to line1? I want to assign different
> > hostnames (reflecting the location, just like a *REAL* ISP ;-) to the
> > different PRI's. I was hoping that maybe one of you knew some black
> > magic trick.
>
> Lets see how would you do that? My first thought would be to set up 2 ip
> pools but I dont think you can do that (yet). Can radius help out here?

NAS-Port and the like as check items... not very nice but doable...
though you couldn't do 'dynamic' assignments per se, but rather
statically assign per port

so for PRI on line0 using 202.202.202.200-222
and for PRI on line1 using 111.111.111.200-222

DEFAULT0 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 0
Framed-IP-Address = 202.202.202.200,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

DEFAULT1 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 1
Framed-IP-Address = 202.202.202.201,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

DEFAULT2 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 2
Framed-IP-Address = 202.202.202.202,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

DEFAULT3 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 3
Framed-IP-Address = 202.202.202.203,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

etc etc..

DEFAULT24 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 24
Framed-IP-Address = 111.111.111.200,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

DEFAULT25 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 25
Framed-IP-Address = 111.111.111.201,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

DEFAULT26 Auth-Type = System, NAS-Port = 26
Framed-IP-Address = 111.111.111.202,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Routing = None

etc etc etc...