Re: (PM) Questions on Global Village 33.6/2.8b15

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

On 8 Jun 1998, Russ Taylor wrote:

> Question for those gurus using 2.8b15 out there:
>
> We just put up a portmaster with it, using the T1 card so we don't have
> much choice. Global Village 33.6 modems appear to work _really_ badly
> with it, and a lot of our Macintosh users have them. So my questions, in
> sequence:
>
> 1) Is this a known problem with b15, akin to the problems with USR 33.6
> modems?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe so. It is part of the general V.34
issues being attacked here at the moment. I'm not currently very involved
in the modem work. To be sure, I would make sure support has been made
aware of it here with an open ticket.

> 2) Is there any init string that will correct the problems? I'm thinking
> AT&F1\N0 is a good bet, but I'm open to better suggestions. The users
> are all using Macintoshes.

Perhaps someone else using GV 33.6 with 3.8b15 can suggest a working one
for you?

> 3) Please, please, please tell me b16 will be out soon :) We were kinda
> hoping the delay between b15 and the next beta would be a bit shorter
> than it has been, as it is it ran into our deploy timeline.
>
> If running an older ComOS was an option, we would be :)

Understandable. Believe me--we are working extremely hard on getting a
3.8b16 release out as soon as we possibly can.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>