Re: (PM) IPX Routing

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:17:54 -0700

At 09:26 AM 6/9/98 -0400, Thomas Kinnen wrote:
>Looking for some examples of a PM3 to OR routing an IPX network. I can
>find examples of single dial in users but I need to route a network out.
>As far as I can tell as long as I give the remote site a diffenet IPX
>network number and enable RIP a SAP packet should go out and the clients
>on one side see the servers on the PM side correct?

Each network segment needs its own IPX network number. This includes
ethernet, frame-relay clouds, and PTP links. (see net diagram below).

So if there are multiple PTP links that need to run IPX then each link
needs its own unique IPX network number. The PortMaster can dynamically
assign IPX network numbers to these links by setting the IPX network
address in the user profile to 0xfffffffe.

add netuser tryipx
set user tryipx ipxnet 0xfffffffe
set user ...

====[ethernet ipxnet 0xfeedfefe]============================

+------------+
| PM3 |
+------------+

| PTP
| ipxnet 0xbadcafe

| OR/U |

---
jstorms@livingston.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.