Re: (PM) Compaq Pesario 4550 K56Flex modem not responding

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 01:50:22 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Alexandre Lira wrote:

> Dear subscribers,
>
> A customer of ours owns a Compaq Pesario 4550 with a K56Flex modem.
>
> In theory, this modem matchs with our Livingstone PM3 Access Server K56Flex
> modems but Compaq said an upgrade for their own Presario modems must be done.
>
> At http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/softpaq/pages/sp5975.html Compaq shows
> how to do the upgrade. All described steps was done but, even so, our
> customer's
> Presario modem still doesn't talk with our modems. Note that both are K56Flex.

1) use hyperterminal to see if it connects that way, if it does then
TCP/IP is probably the problem.

2) can you dial into another service with K56Flex and confirm that it will
connect at higher than 33.6Kbps there?

3) does using a the comma trick allow it to connect at v.34?

4) don't discount phone lines... THIS IS A MAJOR problem most often...

5) what is your ComOS and incoming line setup? PRI/CT1?

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood