RE: (PM) v.90 code

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:55:34 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, J.P. Racine wrote:

> > Realize that ISPs are NOT their entire business, so they must cater to the
> > markets that they have targetted, whatever that may be. Many on the list
> > are ISPs, so it appears disproportional when we post here about the trials
> > and tribulations that we may have.
>
> Understood, which is fine and dandy for a company the size of Livingcent
> but
> when you are a smaller company banking on delivery dates in a dog eat dog
> industry it helps to have some sort of timeline on these issues. If
> Lucingston
> came out and said "v.90 won't be supported until September 12, 1998" I would
> feel
> a heck of alot more in control of my company's direction than having a void
> work with.

[snip]

and remember the bogus March 31, 1998 v.90 beta release date?

So in all, as Lucent Employees have stated, if you don't like it, sorry,
but they won't change... again, I think if you get enough firm support to
convince them to change that'd be something else, but we're talking
hundreds...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood