Re: (PM) v.90 code

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 22:29:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Jim Scott wrote:

> Do you have multiple PM3's? If so why not dedicate just one of them as a
> v.90 server and tell your users to use it as a beta test platform. Offer new
> users v.90 access and when they are not able to get a v.90 connect tell them
> they can use your other server till v.90 is released as a standard.

We have multiple PM3s, but the way the lines are provisioned it's not
possible to have one of them set aside for something different. The same
phone number "round robin" hits all of them. Getting telco to change this,
trying to apportion the right number of PMs for each protocol, getting our
users to change dialup numbers, and then putting it all back together when a
common code base will handle everything down the road isn't exactly trivial.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net 805-884-6323 --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.