Re: (PM) v.90 code

Chris Parker (cparker@starnetusa.net)
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 19:43:04 -0500

At 05:19 PM 6/9/98 -0700, Russ Taylor wrote:
[ snip ]
>It is good to get the code stable. It is _better_ to keep your customers
>in the loop on the progress towards this, so that we don't feel that
>we're getting the big hairy shaft from Livingston.
>
>We're stuck using b15 for the WAN card support (at the time we had no
>idea that it would take Livingston over 2 months from the projected date
>to come up with usable v.90 code), and it's been a rocky week since we
>put it in. I would _love_ for Livingston to release b16, or post some
>reasons why it is being delayed -- keep us in the loop, it gets really
>OLD telling customers "We have no idea when they will shop an upgrade".

I agree. I totally accept the 'when it's ready' release dates, but some
info as to what's currently being worked on, and a general 'here's what
still doesn't work' without too many details would definitely help me
sleep better at night. ( When I do get to bed that is. :P )

It is in the void of infomation where rumors and supposition breed.

-Chris

--
   \\\|||///  \  Chris Parker: Systems Administration and Development
   \ ~   ~ /   \   cparker@starnetusa.net   \   cparker@megapop.net
   | @   @ |    \    www.starnetusa.net      \    www.megapop.net
                  \ Without C we would have 'obol', 'basi', and 'pasal'