Re: (PM) Supra Diamond modem problem with PM3

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:14:28 -0700 (PDT)

On 9 Jun 1998, Jason Xu wrote:

> Hi, there,
>
> Running PM3 with ComOS3.8b13. Got a customer with Supra Diamond 33.6 modem
> that used to connect to our PM2 modem pool just fine. When he dials into
> PM3, it connects and he can ONLY surf a couple of pages and then the link is
> dead and he was disconnected. It happens every time.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.

I feel like I've said this a billion times in the last couple weeks...;-)

Do this:
show sessions (see which sX port the user is logged into)
show modems (match the sX port to the mX port listed here)
show mX

This will give you what Tx/Rx speeds the modem session is at, the status
of error correction/compression, retrains, renegotiations, etc. From here
you can start tracking where the problem may be at. Also, you may want to
try flashing to 3.7.2c3 (if this cures your problem though, make sure to
report it to support as a possible bug in b13 so that it can get fixed).

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>