Re: (PM) PMVision Suite of Tools (fwd)

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 21:28:02 -0500

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 07:09:22PM -0700, MegaZone wrote:
> Once upon a time Dick St.Peters shaped the electrons to say...
> >from pminstall, and that "tftp put comos server filename" uploads 810K
> >when the upgrade file is more than 1M.
>
> 'put' is not supported AFAIK. Right now the tftp command you can use is
> 'get' - to get a ComOS, saved config, and (I think, unless it is still
> comming) a command listing that will be applied. 'put' is a stub for now,
> unless that changed. The long range idea was to be able to 'put' the ComOS
> out of a unit, and 'put' the config out in some backup format.
>
> -MZ

Well, they don't talk about the "get" either...... but it works.

I still get odd stares when I talk to Livingston/Lucent people about it.
On the other hand, I can gang-upgrade a dozen PM3s in about 10 minutes with
a tool that I have that does this en-masse.

And unlike PMConsole, which I consider an aborted monstrosity, "tftp get"
has NEVER failed mid-stream and left me with a hosed and unbootable box.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV