Re: (PM) PMVision Suite of Tools

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 11:08:34 -0700

At 12:31 PM 6/8/98 -0500, Brian Elfert wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Stephen Zedalis wrote:
>
>> Its not 'pminstall' that I am talking about. It's apps like pmconsole,
>> pmwho, pmcommand that are used in other people's homebrew scripts
>> repeatedly. As I've said before... If Lucent doesn't want to write C
>> interfaces, ok... But document the interfaces so that we can
>
>PMwho uses no special interface. It isn't even a Livingston product. I

Correct. Don't know how it works, don't care (professionally speaking, of
course)

>don't think PMcommand does anything other than telnet to the PM and issue
>commands.
>
>PMConsole is the only product that has a special interface.

All the PM utilities use the same proprietary interface, just to different
degrees. pmcommand uses it only to send commands, which is why it works
when you've got all telnets jammed, or doesn't work when you've reached
your max of pmconsole type connections.

>Brian
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++

NOC Advocate andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (510)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com